Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, MOM!!!

Today is a very special day. It is Mom's 64th birthday. I'm blessed to have a wonderful Mother. However, I think the grandchildren have taken the special places in her heart. She loves being Grammy.

Mother loves to cook and spend time with her family. She also enjoys resale and antique shopping. Well, she likes bargain shopping in general. I think she enjoys traveling to see friends and family most of all. Quickly she will tell you that she has worked all of her life to be able to travel. However, my siblings and I tease she makes poor Popsie work so she can travel back and forth to Alabama and on any trip that she, a cousin, or friend can plan.

Mother is faithful to God and church. Well, she isn't always faithful to church because she travels so much. We laugh because often she comes back from a trip and fusses because someone is missing. We have to remind her that person has been here the last month it's just she's been gone. Mom isn't a preacher but trust me she preaches to some of us often. Scott, Redonia and I catch it. I don't think the others get preached to....she's not brave enough to get them! lol

Mom has always been there for each of us children. My Dad passed away when Mom was only 35. Mom was left with 4 children. She did a fantastic job of finishing what she and dad begun together.

Tonight we are honoring Mom with coffee and cake at my home. Of course she protested the party in the beginning. We all know she will love it...Mom is a sweetaholic (that's where I got it from) .

Mom, I LOVE you very much!!!!! Happy Birthday....

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. May her day be filled with love and blessings. (which I am sure it will)

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Right, Tracie! You have a very special Mom!!! I know you all will have a fantastic time tonight!