Friday, November 26, 2010

Share CHRISTmas

It’s truly more blessed to give than to receive. In fact I live to give. I’m most thankful that my husband is kind and allows me to give. This morning the alarm went off at 3:00 am for Kent and me to rise and shine and give God some glory! Redonia joined us in our Black Friday quest. At 4:00 am Kent dropped Redonia and me at Target. He then went to Whataburger to get Redonia her favorite bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with the bacon crispy (like her Popsie). We had so much fun filling our cart with gifts for kids. We purchased quite a few gifts for some children who ride our buses to Sunday School. Then we purchased gifts for nieces and nephews. The next stop was Wal-Mart to purchase a few more gifts for the kids.

Before taking Redonia to her last stop of the morning we opted to use our coupons for free mochas at McDonalds and Redonia decided to get another biscuit. While in line I began to talk with an elderly man. I’ve seen the gentleman riding his bike around town for 20 years. It’s obvious he has a few handicaps; however, he has such a positive outlook on life. I felt a little benevolent and felt I should purchase his breakfast. Unfortunately I over rode my conscience and missed my blessing. While sitting across the restaurant from him I observed him striking up conversations with anyone who would listen. He is such a pleasant person. I sat quietly and endeavored to fight back tears. Finally I lost the battle as tears gushed over my lids. I shared my regrets with my family.

As I sat and reflected on my emotions I discovered again the true meaning of Christmas. It isn’t about me rather it’s about giving unselfishly of me. The purchase was small – a senior coffee and a sausage biscuit from the dollar menu. I’m certain he could afford the purchase but maybe he simply needed someone to show him kindness. Maybe I was the one needing to listen to the still quite voice that I recognize so well.

I have vowed this will be the best Christmas season, ever. It proves to be a very busy season, however, I will not be too busy to entertain angels unaware nor will I be too busy to spend time with those I love. Christmas is in my heart and I pray I don’t keep it there. I want to spread Christmas everywhere with everyone.

May we all share CHRISTmas…Remember He IS the reason! If He being love is in us He will manifest Himself through us.

1 comment:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Amen! A beautiful commentary, Tracie!!!