Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Valentine


This year marks my 28th Valentine's to be in love with my best friend, my husband, my pastor, an incredible Dad, an awesome father-in-law, a loyal son, a great son-in-law, a friend to many, a mentor, a Godly man, but I am glad he is my Valentine.

The past 28 years have given me many memories. We have shared many wonderful times together and have braved storms together. Kent is an optimist, a man of faith, and a visionary, full of humor, loving, compassionate, and dedicated.

Today he sent me an email with the following words: “The reservation is set for 6:30Friday nite. You might wanta dress up. Mysterious and romantic!!!!!!!! I love you” He loves surprising me. The greatest gift we give to one another is ourselves. There's absolutely nothing more important to me than Kent. I LOVE him...

I LOVE my Valentine of 28 years. I truly love him more today than ever. He's my boyfriend.....I LOVE him!

2 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

I am the lucky guy

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

That is so sweet. I'd say you're both pretty lucky.